Fall 2020 After School Program (ENDS -NOV. 19)
Time & Location
About the Event
So, what exactly will happen during our after-school academy? To start, our virtual after-school academy is for students in grades 3-8.
During our program students will:
1. Receive mentor/tutor led group and one-on-one tutoring so that they can receive targeted support from someone who is invested in their success, both in the classroom and out;
2. Receive homework help from our qualified and dedicated tutors so that they can stay on top of their homework assignments and exceed basic understanding of classroom concepts in all subjects;
3. Participate in our programming which offers students the opportunity to learn and hone new skills such as graphic designing, poetry writing, storytelling, and persuasive writing, just to name a few.
4. Build meaningful relationships with our mentors, tutors, and their peers as we push forward our belief that "It takes a village..."
5. End each session with our daily affirmations in which we speak that which we are (smart, brilliant, amazing, creative, and passionate world changers).
The virtual after-school academy will every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 6pm-8pm. The program will begin on September 28, 2020 and will end on November 19, 2020, which means that the program will be a total of 8 weeks long.
Here’s how our schedule will look like every time we meet!
6:00pm-6:15pm: Stretching and exercise (since everyone has been sitting in front of a screen all day)
6:15pm-7:20pm: Homework club, group tutoring, or one-on-one tutoring (tutors will take students into breakout rooms on zoom)
7:20pm: Everyone reconvenes back to the main zoom room
7:20pm-7:50pm: Our programming begins. The goal of programming is to help students develop new skills, interests, passions, and core values through fun and interactive activities.
7:50pm-8:00pm: Close and Affirmations.
- REGISTER NOW (FREE)$0$00$0